Free Home Evaluation
As part of my services for home sellers, I provide a Free Home Evaluation. The Home Evaluation is based on a thorough Comparative Market Analysis of houses sold in your neighbourhood in recent months. I will search the database for all comparable properties sold in your area. With this current market data, I will be able to give you an estimate of how much your house might sell in Victoria, if you decide to put it in the market.
Important features when evaluating the house:
- Where is the location? Is it a busy street, a less busy street, or a cul-de-sac?
- What type of property is it: single family detached, condo, townhouse, duplex, mobile home?
- How many bedrooms do you have?
- How many bathrooms do you have?
- What is the size of the house (finished sq.ft.)?
- What is the size of the lot?
- What is the year when the house was built?
- Does it have garage / carport? Number of parking spots?
- Does it have formal dining room?
- Does it have family room / recreation room?
- What flooring do you have: carpet / hardwood, linoleum / tiles?
- Do you have fireplaces?
- Does the house have a mountain / water view?
Besides these features, there are also some other factors that can affect how much your home is worth it, and how long it will take to sell it:
- How well is your house maintained?
- Have you done any updates to your house? And if so, what are the updates? For example, are the kitchen and bathrooms updated?
- Is your home in better condition than houses on your street or block?
- Are there any other competing properties listed in your neighbourhood?
- Are you living in the house, is it rented, or is it vacant? A house that was rented for a long time might not be maintained as well as a house where only the owners live. As well, a vacant house is easier to show than a house that is rented.
As part of the pricing strategy, I will prepare a Free Home Evaluation. This is a comparative market analysis that shows you houses similar to yours that sold in your area in the last few months. This is a good indicator of how much buyers are willing to pay today. The evaluation shows the market activity in your neighbourhood for the following situations:
- Houses sold: They establish the fair market value price. It shows how much buyers are willing to pay for a similar house.
- Homes currently listed for sale: They show the price that the sellers hope to make. That doesn’t mean that this is the right price.
- Some listings that expired: That means they were overpriced and didn’t sell.
To receive the Free Home Evaluation, please fill in the form below, and click the Submit button. The only required fields are “Your Name” and “Your Email”. The rest of the fields are optional. The information you provide is secure and strictly confidential.
If you are thinking of selling your home, you probably are wondering how much your house is worth it. You have two options: to have me come to your house to assess it, or to do the assessment over the net. For either of these options, this service is free and there is no obligation to list. To provide a better estimate I would be happy to assess the house in person.
- If you want me to contact you to arrange an appointment for me to see the house, then I only need the name and email.
- If you want the evaluation over the net, then you need to provide the details on the rest of the fields, please.